Conveyancing and property transactions involve complex and detailed procedures which must be followed fully and attentively in order to ensure an efficient and secure deal for the client. If corners are cut or aspects of the transaction process neglected or overlooked, it is, above all else, the client who will suffer.
Seth Lovis & Co has extensive and varied experience of representing clients who have suffered financial loss as a result of poor advice from conveyancing solicitors in relation to conveyancing and property transactions. Unfortunately, such claims are quite common and account for the majority of professional negligence claims made against solicitors. If you believe that you might have grounds for securing financial redress by means of a civil claim for compensation, talk to our team today by calling 0333 920 1466.
Failure to Properly Advise
If you have retained the services of a solicitor on a residential or commercial conveyancing or property matter and he or she has failed to advise you properly, you may be entitled to compensation. Here are some examples of when a solicitor or barrister may have been negligent:
- Failure to advise properly in relation to terms of a lease or tenancy agreement
- Failure to advise properly with regard to licensing issues at a commercial property
- Failure to advise or act properly with regard to land registration
- Failure to ensure that certain entries on the property register are removed upon completion of the transaction
- Failure to note or advise on the existence or absence of a right of way
- Failure to ensure the plan shows the correct boundaries of the property
- Failure to ensure that all charges have been removed upon completion of the transaction
- Failure to spot a defect on the title or ownership of the property
- Failure to advise properly upon rent review
- Failure to advise upon whether a commercial lease is a secure tenancy giving the tenant protection from eviction in certain circumstances
- Failure to heed to the client's instructions
The Seth Lovis & Co. Advantage
A solicitor's failure to advise properly on such matters can cause the client considerable financial loss. Our job is to identify failures, to quantify losses and to advise on how best to proceed to achieve the best solution for the client, as quickly as possible. This will often involve a claim for compensation but may also involve seeking other remedies, for instance, obtaining a court order that another party take action.
We have particular experience in the area of professional negligence, with a dedicated team of solicitors who are focused on providing sensible advice and achieving cost-effective solutions. We are experts in the area of litigation and professional negligence and can therefore recognise quickly when and where an error has occurred, what financial losses have followed and whether there is a claim.
When you instruct us to act for you, your solicitor will, where possible, meet with you to discuss your case and will provide sensible and pragmatic advice. We strive to take prompt action to ensure all relevant information and documentation is obtained to support your case. The ultimate aim is to demonstrate the solicitor's error and the losses you have suffered.
If the transaction has not yet been concluded, our team of qualified solicitors may be able to take over your case to help you avoid any unnecessary inconvenience.
Funding Your Claim
We offer a number of options to fund professional negligence claims including Conditional Fee Agreements and fixed fees.
Experienced London Solicitors for Matters Involving Conveyancing and Property Negligence
Contact our London conveyancing negligence solicitors to learn more about our legal services and how we may be able to help you. We offer free initial consultations and can be reached online or by phone on 0330 400 5800.