We specialise in mis-sold mortgage claims. If you believe that you may have been mis-sold your mortgage and are interested in speaking with one of our expert mis-sold mortgage claim solicitors then please contact us today by either calling 0330 134 2582, submiting an online form using the form to the right of this page or emailing us details of your potential mortgage claim to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a mis-sold mortgage?
There are a number of ways in which you may have been mis-sold a mortage, many mortgage advisers and mortgage brokers negligently advised people to take mortgage products which were unsuitable for their personal circumstances.
There are thousands of people in England and Wales who may be eligible to make a claim for a mis-sold mortgage, yet to claim.
Have you been mis-sold a mortgage?
If any of the points listed below resonate with you and/or your partner then please contact us regarding a potential mis-sold mortgage claim:
- the mortgage runs into your retirement and affordability was not discussed with you including pension capabilities;
- there may have been other mortgages on the market which were more suitable which was not discussed with you;
- the applicable charges, commissions and penalties were not explained to you;
- you were not advised of the consequences of purchasing an interest only mortgage and/or a capital repayment vehicle for an interest only mortgage was not discussed with you;
- you were not provided with a Key Facts document, Mortgage Illustration, a Suitability Letter, Initial Disclosure documents, a Statement of Pricing or a Statement of Demands and Needs;
- the mortgage seller, adviser or broker failed to do a "fact-find" to understand your full financial situation to ensure the affordability and suitability of the mortgage for you;
- you were advised to cancel an existing mortgage and take out a new mortgage rather than simply extending the old mortgage, incurring high commission fees and high early redemption penalties;
- you were advised to consolidate your debts into your new mortgage and were not advised of the additional costs likely to be compounded due to the increased payment period.
There may be other grounds for making a mis-sold mortgage claim, so please contact us today to discuss your matter with our expert team of friendly solictors. You can call us on 0330 134 2582 or email us details of your mis-sold mortgage claim to email@example.com
The Financial Conduct Authority ("FCA") Regulations
Mortgage brokers and advisors are professionals who are regulated by the FCA and any advice given by them must comply with the FCA regulations including “treating customers fairly” and they must also comply with the "Mortgage and Home Finance: Conduct of Business" ("MCOB") Rules which state that mortgage advice must be "suitable for the customer" and that mortgage advisers "must make and retain a record" of that advice being suitable.
Section 150 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 provides that a person who has been given mortgage advice which is unsuitable and inappropriate and who has suffered financial loss as a result of this advice, may bring a claim.
Mis-sold mortgage claim limitation
There are time limits to bring a mis-sold mortgage claim. You have 6 years from the act of negligence or 3 years from the date of knowledge
See if you can claim today
Simply call our specialist mis-sold mortgage claim solicitors on 0330 134 2582, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete an online enquiry form to discuss whether you have a mis-sold mortgage compensation claim.